Finally Home

Ah, finally home.  After a long weekend of travelling we slump into our seats on the  "T", suitcases wedged between us. The unseasonal weather causes beads of sweat to roll down our backs as we hurtle through the dark city night.

North Carolina, the home of my childhood seemed so foreign: smiling faces, single syllable words as sweet as taffy stretched into unimaginable lengths. I glance across the aisle at my fellow strangers. These are my people: The people of Boston.

I nod to the man across the aisle. He starts barking at me like a dog. Ah, finally home.



This is a one hundred word challenge for grown ups. This week’s prompt is the unseasonal weather... You can find other entries at:

http://jfb57.wordpress.com/tag/100wcgu/




Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...




  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP